Smile for a Lifetime Foundation is a charitable nonprofit organization that provides orthodontic care to individuals who may not have the means to seek assistance. It is our mission to create self-confidence, inspire hope, and change the lives of children in our community in a dramatic way.
The gift of a smile can do all this for deserving, underserved individuals who, in turn, can use this gift to better themselves and our community. Launched in 2008, Smile for a Lifetime Foundation aims to reach individuals with financial challenges, special situations, and unusual orthodontic needs.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant questionnaire must be handwritten and answered by the applicant
- Applicant must be a resident of Mecklenburg County
- Applicant must have a significant aesthetic need for braces
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need
- Applicant must be between 11 to 18 years old
- Applicant must be a currently enrolled student
- Applicant should demonstrate a positive attitude
- Applicant must agree to follow the treatment plan and demonstrate the ability and commitment to make all appointments on time
- Applicant is encouraged to display involvement and leadership in extracurricular activities
- Must be willing during the treatment period to “pay it forward” by completing 10 hours of community service
To become a candidate, please follow these steps:
- Complete the application form and questions.
- Two letters of recommendation are mandatory (one from your dentist and one other). Please do not submit more than two letters and limit each reference letter to one page each. Please type or print clearly with black ink (no pencil). Letters of recommendation may be written by teachers/coaches, counselors or spiritual leaders, etc.
- A clear 5 x 7 head shot with full smile & teeth showing must be included with application.
- Return the completed application, applicant questionnaire, two letters of recommendation, photos and treatment contract together in one packet to:
Jackson Orthodontics / S4L Steelecreek Chapter
13527 Steelecroft Parkway, Suite C
Charlotte, NC 28278